VR Installation & Delivery Service
Professional VR installation at your location
Do you want us to install the virtual reality equipment for you and make it ready for use? Then you can use our installation service. On this page you can read what you can expect from our installation service.
Installation of VR equipment
Because installing VR equipment can be a rather technical process, we are happy to help you with that. If you choose our installation service, our VR specialists will do the following for you:
- Delivery and unpacking of the hardware;
- Install necessary software, such as Steam and SteamVR (note: we do not install third-party software);
- Checking all VR hardware;
- Hanging the base stations in the right corner (s);
- Testing and optimizing the playing field;
- Sign up for HTC Vive business warranty (if applicable).
Request a quote immediately
For small VR installations (<3 set-ups) we usually send 1 VR specialist to carry out the installation. For set-ups with more than 3 VR glasses, or complex set-ups *, we send 2 VR specialists. The rate for 1 VR specialist is € 95 per hour. For 1 set-up we usually expect to take 1.5-2 hours, but this can vary greatly per location and environment.
The transport costs that we charge are € 40 per hour traveled.
* This can be a setup in a special room or with high-end hardware, such as a backpack computer. Are you unsure about the set-up or how many VR specialists we should come up with? Then contact us.
For a smooth finish, it is important to prepare the VR room in advance for installation. There are a number of points that the space must meet in order to be compatible with virtual reality:
- Make sure you have a working internet connection (wired is recommended *);
- Provide sufficient power points on site. Please note that (among others) the following devices require power: computer, television screen, VR headset and base stations;
- Take into account the hanging of the base stations. We take a few tripod stands with us as standard to test the base stations, but eventually the base stations themselves have to be mounted;
- Television screens must be hung / placed by / in-house;
- Creating Steam accounts must be done in-house. For more Information see the instruction page of Steam. It is advisable to do this before installation, so that this does not have to be done during installation;
- Someone must be present during installation for any questions or comments.
* Does the location not have a wired internet connection? Please report this to us in time! Then we will ensure that the computers are compatible with WiFi.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does VR installation work?
When you call in our help for the installation of virtual reality, we ensure that all virtual reality hardware is installed by experts. You can make an appointment with us for this, after which we will give you an estimate of the number of hours that we think we will be busy. Once we arrive at the location, we unpack all hardware, place it in the right place and install the software.
Can I also install the VR hardware myself?
Yes, you can! However, we recommend that as much as possible is installed by experts, so that you can be sure that everything is in order and works optimally.
How much does a VR installation cost?
We do not use a fixed price for installation, but calculate the price based on the number of hours we work. Depending on the space and whether the preconditions are met, we average 1,5 are installing, updating and optimizing 1 VR setup. The hourly rate that we use is € 95 excluding VAT per hour.
Do you also have VR on-site support?
It is certainly possible to get us on-site as well. For example, do you have a problem with your VR setup? Then we would be happy to help you. However, our hourly rate is rounded up (this means: when we come to you for a job of 10 minutes, we charge 1 hour as standard).
Do I have to be present during the VR installation?
You do not need to be present in person, but it is advisable to have someone from your own organization nearby so that he or she can answer questions from our installers.